terça-feira, 18 de novembro de 2008

gael garcia bernal

FIRST PSYCHOANALYST (Sung)

Open your dreams, Maria,
that your dreams will then hold
a whiskey and two blond blows
that will be heard from the back.
(Spoken)
Is it your heart that calls?

THE SHADOW OF MARIA (Spoken)


Hardly.
My heart is cut out in four pieces; they say it's buried in the four pockets of a
stolen pool table.
The one on me now I bought from a heartshop attendant who had a
second-hand heart store in a whorish landscape;
she sold little saddish hearts of
French cards and of rabbits, of tattoos of a lazy sailor, of a lullaby rhyme and of
artichoke.
She laid on me one just for appearances that doesn't hurt, cut out of a
bandoneon player's apron; and with a little tin needle and some brown smoke thread,
she embroidered it on my belly.
She said that was the right thing for someone who,
like myself, am a shadow Maria, and for being a shadow - just a shadow -
I'll be
shadow and a virgin forever.
She said so while she sewed
and I can hardly remember!


FIRST PSYCHOANALYST (Sung)


Cover your breast, Maria,
with a handful of salt,
that inside a zero is looking
and the zero will cry for you!


THE SHADOW OF MARIA (Sung)


Of the endless grays of yore
I can only remember
the one cruel mystery that cried:
"Be born!"
And when I came to live
it smiled...
And when finally it saw me like this,
so definite and so myself,
it bit itself and cried:
"Drop dead!"


gael garcia bernal gael garcia  bernal


[maria de buenos aires libretto, cuadro 12, v.inglesa, astor piazzolla]

Sem comentários:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...